ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 14.3.119.000-Multilingual
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 14.3.119.000 Multilingual | 37.9 Mb
Before going on the information superhighway you need to make sure your computer is properly protected. By default, your operating system comes equipped with a few tools for basic protection. However, specialized applications like ZoneAlarm Free Firewall are strictly dedicated to keeping your computer safe from various threats, blocking suspicious activity.
Intuitive interface and thorough setup process
The setup process requires a little of your attention. There are several offers you might want to skip, such as web browser toolbars or a different home page. Besides this, you can choose the application's behavior which can automatically learn from your actions, or gain full control over its settings.
The interface is clean and modern, posing no accommodation problems. If you manage to find yourself stuck, there is an online help manual that can surely get you out of sticky situations.
Stay protected over multiple networks
By default, both a basic firewall and application control are turned on. The first is dedicated to preventing unauthorized access in order to keep your privacy safe. You can view networks that are under surveillance and add your own, as well as a few advanced features that let you disable Windows Firewall, allow VPN protocols, block public servers and several others.
Manage application interactions
The application control feature literally keeps an eye on all running processes and their behavior, and if the learning mode is selected from the setup process you are prompted whenever applications interact in order to allow or deny their activity if you consider it suspicious.
Easily set up the security level
Settings can be fully customized, with sliders to adjust the level of security the application should apply. Furthermore, all programs can be viewed, as well as their status and trust level, and you can fully manage them and add your own.
Multiple tools to work with
Overall, the application uses little of your system's resources and stays hidden in the system tray most of the times so it does not take up much space. For enhanced accessibility, from the tray icon you can postpone restrictions for five minutes, cease all Internet activity, or even switch to a Game Mode that can automatically adapts itself or even allow all connections set up by the game.
To end with
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is a powerful alternative to the basic Windows Firewall. It requires little attention on your behalf, especially with the learning mode that lets you adapt it to your style. In case you're looking for extra protection, this might just be the solution.
Stops internet attacks at the front door and catches thieves on their way out. Proactively protects against inbound and outbound attacks while making you invisible to hackers.
* Threat Traffic is monitored and blocked, both inbound and outbound.
* Full Stealth Mode makes you invisible to hackers.
* Kill Controls instantly disable malicious programs.
Multiple layers of advanced protection provide unsurpassed security.
* Wireless PC Protection shields you from hackers, identity thieves and other online threats when you connect to an unsecured network.
* Automatic Wireless Network Security detects wireless networks and automatically applies the most secure firewall protection setting.
* DefenseNet provides real-time security updates, responds quickly to breaking threats, and leverages threat data from millions of users.
* Monitors programs for suspicious behavior, spotting and stopping new attacks that bypass traditional antivirus protection.
* Helps prevent identity theft by guarding your personal data.
* Backs up files and restores your data in the event of hardware malfunction.
New in version 14.3.119.000:
* Now Compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (build 14393)
* 2 GHz or faster processor (1 GHz or faster processor for XP)
* 2 GB RAM (1 GB RAM for XP)
* 1.5 GB of available hard-disk space
* .NET framework 3.5 or later
OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / 7 (SP0 or SP1) / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32/64-bit) and XP (SP3)
Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish