LameXP 4.14 Build 1900 Beta 4 Multilingual + Portable
LameXP 4.14 Build 1900 Beta 4 Multilingual + Portable | 25.4/25.2 Mb
A GUI for the LAME MP3 encoder designed to help you convert audio files using batch processing while offering support for advanced configuration settings (e.g. select sampling rate and MP3 channel mode).
In the user-friendly interface you can add a file to encode (it also supports batch conversion), but you can also use the drag-and-drop support while you are browsing for files in Explorer (a floating drop box is displayed on the lower right corner of the screen).
Edit metadata and create playlists
Once you have specified the output destination, you can edit metadata (it will supersede data from the source), enable or disable LameXP to automatically generate a playlist file (M3U), as well as configure compression and advanced options.
The format of the converted file can be MP3, OGG, Aften A/52, FLAC or WAV. In order to convert to AAC, you need to manually download the codec files in the LameXP installation files.
In addition, you can select rate control method (quality-based, average bitrate, constant bitrate), and adjust the quality/bitrate ratio (from level 0 to 9).
Advanced configuration settings
If you are an advanced user, you can also adjust the LAME algorithm quality - from poor quality (very fast) to best quality (very slow), enable bitrate management for LAME and OggEnc2, select sampling rate and MP3 channel mode, enforce stereo down mix of multi-channel sources, enable volume normalization filter, adjust treble and bass, set a rename pattern, adjust multi-threading, and more.
We tested LameXP by converting one 8.19MB MP3 file to WAV and FLAC. We used the default settings, and LameXP managed to successfully convert the files in remarkable time (only a few seconds). The output files weighed 57.8MB (WAV) and 45.7MB (FLAC).
It even alerts you with sound when the task is completed, and during conversion you can view overall CPU usage (which is low) and physical RAM usage.
In conclusion, LameXP is an excellent application for converting audio files, and we strongly recommend it to all users.
• Supported encoders: LAME, OggEnc2, FLAC, Opus, Aften, Nero AAC
• Supported input types: AAC, AC3, AIFF, APE, AU, DTS, FLAC, M4A/MP4, MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG/OGM, SND, TTA, WAV, WMA, WV and more
• Support for multi-threaded batch processing
• Support for Unicode file names and Unicode meta tags
New in version 4.14 Build 1900 Beta 4 (August 20, 2016)
• Upgraded build environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 with Update-2
• Fixed the location of temporary intermediate files for SoX-based audio effects
• Fixed embedding of meta tags with OggEnc2 when reading directly from OGG/FLAC input file
• Enabled the "built-in" resampler for QAAC encoder
• The "Algorithm Quality" slider now also affects the QAAC encoder
• Added "AVX" (Advanced Vector Extensions) to CPU feature detection code
• Updated Opus encoder/decoder libraries to v1.1.2 and Opus-Tools to v0.1.9 (2016-01-12)
• Updated LAME encoder to v3.100 Alpha-2 (2016-01-29), compiled with ICL 15.0 and MSVC 12.0
• Updated MediaInfo to v0.7.82 (2016-01-27), compiled with ICL 15.0 and MSVC 12.0
• Updated QAAC add-in to the to QAAC v2.58 (2016-01-05)
• Updated FhgAacEnc add-in to "Case" edition (2015-10-24)
• Updated ALAC decoder to refalac v1.58 (2016-01-05)
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8 64-bit / 10
Languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Taiwan, Chinese, Korean
Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction - Premium is support resumable