Android Studio IDE 22.214.171.124 Build 143.2739321
Android Studio IDE 126.96.36.199 Build 143.2739321 | 306 Mb
Android Studio is an Integrated Development Editor developed by Google for the Android platform, comprising everything that a programmer needs in order to design and test Android applications. It was inspired by JeBrains's IntelliJ IDEA, a general purpose IDE that encases a state-of-the-art collection of tools for code writing and testing. Android Studio bundles the richness of IntelliJ combined with the capabilities that are required for Android development.
Android Studio is a new Android development environment based on IntelliJ IDEA. Similar to Eclipse with the ADT Plugin, Android Studio provides integrated Android developer tools for development and debugging. On top of the capabilities you expect from IntelliJ, Android Studio offers:
* Gradle-based build support.
* Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
* Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
* ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
* Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components.
* A rich layout editor that allows you to drag-and-drop UI components, preview layouts on multiple screen configurations, and much more.
* Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine as server-side components.
More about Android Studio
* Built on IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition, the popular Java IDE by JetBrains.
* Flexible Gradle-based build system.
* Build variants and multiple APK generation.
* Expanded template support for Google Services and various device types.
* Rich layout editor with support for theme editing.
* Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems.
* ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
* Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine.
New in version 188.8.131.52 Build 143.2739321
(April 8, 2016)
* Android Studio 2.0 is the fastest way to build high quality, performant apps for the Android platform, including phones and tablets, Android Auto, Android Wear, and Android TV. As the official IDE from Google, Android Studio includes everything you need to build an app, including a code editor, code analysis tools, emulators and more. This new and stable version of Android Studio has fast build speeds and a fast emulator with support for the latest Android version and Google Play Services.
* Android Studio is built in coordination with the Android platform and supports all of the latest and greatest APIs. If you are developing for Android, you should be using Android Studio 2.0. It is available today as a easy download or update on the stable release channel.
Android Studio 2.0 includes the following new features that Android developer can use in their workflow :
* Instant Run - For every developer who loves faster build speeds. Make changes and see them appear live in your running app. With many build/run accelerations ranging from VM hot swapping to warm swapping app resources, Instant Run will save you time every day.
* Android Emulator - The new emulator runs ~3x faster than Android's previous emulator, and with ADB enhancements you can now push apps and data 10x faster to the emulator than to a physical device. Like a physical device, the official Android emulator also includes Google Play Services built-in, so you can test out more API functionality. Finally, the new emulator has rich new features to manage calls, battery, network, GPS, and more.
* Cloud Test Lab Integration - Write once, run anywhere. Improve the quality of your apps by quickly and easily testing on a wide range of physical Android devices in the Cloud Test Lab right from within Android Studio.
* App Indexing Code Generation & Test - Help promote the visibility your app in Google Search for your users by adding auto-generated URLS with the App Indexing feature in Android Studio. With a few click you can add indexable URL links that you can test all within the IDE.
* GPU Debugger Preview - For those of you developing OpenGL ES based games or apps, you can now see each frame and the GL state with the new GPU debugger. Uncover and diagnosis GL rendering issues by capturing and analyzing the GPU stream from your Android device.
* IntelliJ 15 Update - Android Studio is built on the world class Intellij coding platform. Check out the latest Intellij features here.
Deeper Dive into the New Features:
* Today, mobile platforms are centered around speed and agility. And yet, building for mobile can sometimes feel clunky and slow. Instant Run in Android Studio is our solution to keep you in a fast and fluid development flow. The feature increases your developer productivity by accelerating your edit, build, run cycles. When you click on the Instant Run button , Instant Run will analyze the changes you have made and determine how it can deploy your new code in the fastest way.
In Archive - Documentation
* Microsoft Windows 8 / 7 / Vista (32 or 64-bit)
* 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB RAM recommended
* 400 MB hard disk space
* At least 1 GB for Android SDK, emulator system images, and caches
* 1280 x 800 minimum screen resolution
* Java Development Kit (JDK)
* Optional for accelerated emulator: Intel processor with support for Intel VT-x, Intel EM64T (Intel 64), and Execute Disable (XD) Bit functionality